Reboot your Body
Here are a few easy tips to re-boot your body after the celebrations are over:
- Lemon water -You might be tired (or even a little hungover) but your morning latte is not the answer. When you wake, don’t reach for coffee, instead have warm water with lemon. The lemon kick starts digestion (and your metabolism) and helps flush the liver.
- Drink 6 – 8 glasses of water throughout the day to help flush the toxins. You could try adding lemon, cucumber or mint to a jug of water.
- Enjoy a dry body brush – not only does it help exfoliate the skin, but it encourages the detox process too. Always brush upward towards your heart and improve your circulation.
- Eat lots of vegetables and whole fruit, like berries, pears, plums and apples.
- Probiotics help to repopulate the bowel with good bacteria that aids digestive health and boosts immunity. Ultima Probiotics Plus is a good option for this time of the year.
- Raw nuts, seeds, avocados and pears contain essential healthy fats, which will slow down your digestion and give you more energy.
- Enjoy a long leisurely hot bath with 1 – 2 cups of Epsom salts in the tub, which many people in the holistic community believe helps to detox the body.
- Cut out gluten, dairy, sugar, alcohol and caffeine for a few days to help kick-start your system after all the rich food which builds up toxins.
- If you are feeling a little stressed, Ultima Adaptogens possess the unique ability to help the body adapt to and counteract stress, and overcome mental and physical fatigue. Unlike vitamins and minerals adaptogens are rarely found in the food we eat, making supplementation essential.
- Rest – sleep is nature’s ‘time out’ – a critically important time for mind, body & spirit – a time of repair and replenishment. Ultima Tranquil Sleep is a potent blend of safe herbal remedies that promote a deep restful night’s sleep, allowing you to awaken feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and alert, with no harmful side effects.