Winter is here – 9 Ways to beat the Winter Blues…
Is everyone around you sniffing, sneezing and coughing?
Try our tips below to take charge of your health this winter and beat the Flu.
1. Eat sufficient protein. A diet too low in protein can deplete your immune system.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
4. Get plenty of sleep. To stimulate the immune system you need to get between 7 – 8 hours of sleep.
5. Avoid Sugar rich foods and drinks. Sugar weakens the immune system and promotes the growth and colonisation of bad bacteria.
6. Manage your stress. Add balance to your live with a bit of fun. Take time to Adaptogens enjoy life and build joy. Stress brings on all sorts of physical ailments including colds and flu.
7. Drink plenty of fluids. If it’s too cold for water then spice it up with some Ginger Tea, Rooibos and Lemon or Green Tea.
8. Get the flu shot
9. Get good Gut health – Eat foods that improve gut health like bananas, broccoli, cauliflower, blueberries, yoghurt or a good Probiotic Supplement.
Starve a fever, Feed a cold.Have you wondered if this old wives tale bears any merit?
Starving anything is not a great or smart idea. By starving a fever you are eating less calories, which may actually make it harder for your body to fight any virus or infection. Your body requires energy to create and assemble immune cells to fight and prevent infections.